What We Do
Music of Life works with individual students with a wide range of disabilities and special schools in areas of high deprivation where there is inadequate funding for musical activities. Music of Life changes perception of disability amongst professional musicians, music groups and organisations by enabling them to work closely with our beneficiaries and overcome the barriers of uncertainty, fear and misconception that often are caused by lack of practical experience of working with someone who has a disability.
Our current projects are throughout the UK in West Midlands, the North, South East and London (apart from isolated 1:1 lessons).
- We specifically chose our music teachers for their skill in teaching pupils with disability.
- We create and facilitate master classes, workshops, concerts and gala events.
- We provide individual lessons using our own network of music teachers.
- We provide the most outstanding musicians from our programme with long-term support to feature regularly in concerts and further pursue a musical education.
- We provide access for young musicians with disability to enjoy making music alongside professional and amateur musicians.
- We work in partnership with leading UK music organisations to increase the effectiveness of what we can offer.
Music of Life has been working with state special schools since 2012, forming choirs and inspiring communities. Our approach is to run weekly 90-minute singing workshops led by highly experienced professional musicians for at least one year during term time delivering steady musical progress and other measurable benefits, from improved communication skills to positive changes in medical conditions...
Individual music training is at the heart of everything we do. Music of Life provides over 400 individual music lessons per year for children and young people aged 7-25 with a wide range of disabilities. We carefully match our students with highly-qualified teachers who deliver weekly or bi-weekly lessons at students’ homes, schools or music studios...
At Music of Life we recognise that it can be very difficult for families with disabled children to find opportunities for them to perform. Many venues are inaccessible, travel is costly and suitable occasions are rare. The Children's Concerts, organised by a small and dedicated group of professional musicians and teachers, inspired and led by Music of Life's CEO Maria Teterina...
Music of Life Foundation offers you the opportunity to hire accomplished and emerging young musicians with special needs for your event. Whether you are planning a wedding, corporate function or a private party, want to celebrate an anniversary or pay tribute to someone you loved, music will play an essential role in your event...