Privacy Statement of Music of Life
Music of Life (“we” or “us”), a registered charity, takes your privacy seriously. This document describes how we will use any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us and how we will protect it.
For the purpose of the applicable legislation, the data controller is Music of Life Foundation and our nominated representative is the CEO, Maria Teterina who may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone on 020 7813 5472.
II Our principles
- We will only collect and use information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate reasons to do so
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how will collect and use your personal information
- If we collect information for a particular purpose, we will only use it for that purpose
- We will update our records when you tell us that your information has changed
- We will ensure that your information is kept securely and we will dispose of it securely when your consent is withdrawn or when it is no longer needed
- We will train our staff in their privacy obligations.
III What information we hold
You may provide us with contact information, which may include your/your child’s name, email address, street address and telephone number when you do any of the following:
- Register to participate in either individual lessons or group sessions
- Participate in any other activity that we deliver
- Sign up on our web site to receive newsletters and/or to volunteer
- Donate to Music of Life
In addition, if you register your child to take advantage of our lessons/activities, you may also be asked to provide us with information about his/her state of health in response to our evaluation questionnaire.
How we will use your personal information
We will only use contact information for the following purposes:
- To keep you informed about our events, our services and other news in relation to our activities; and
- To monitor and improve our services in pursuit of our charitable object.
We will only use information about the state of health of those registering to use the activities offered in order to:
- Design appropriate learning programmes;
- Monitor progress
Contact information and information about your state of health will not be passed on to third parties, except with separate consent for this purpose.
IV Security and safe storage of your personal information
Once we have your information, we undertake to use our best endeavours to use appropriate procedures and security measures in order to safeguard its confidentiality and to prevent unauthorised access. The data centre that we use is located in the UK.
Information about your state of health will be kept under lock and key (if in paper form) or on an encrypted hard drive of a password protected computer (if in digital form).
V How you can access and correct your personal information and how you can withdraw consent
You may make a request to access personally identifiable information that we hold. To do this you need to email your request to:
You may also at any time:
- Ask us to make corrections to the personally identifiable information
- Request erasure of the personally identifiable information
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information.
If you have concerns about the way we handle your personal data, you can raise a complaint with us at the above address or contact the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
VI Comments and questions